Sunday 29 January 2012

Going Out In Style

Bali, Indonesia

Happy Birthday, Daddy! And if you ever actually read my blog--which was mostly intended for the likes of you--you’d actually see this acknowledgement. *she frowns disapprovingly*

I'm pretty sure that it's Traveling 101 knowledge that you don't eat the meat or drink the water in certain countries. But being the rebel that I am, I made the genius decision to challenge this theory...you're welcome. Conclusion? Don't eat the meat or drink the water in certain countries (this includes mall food courts). How did I make it this entire trip right up to my last 24 hours and then make the genius decision to eat the beef? IDIOT. Food poisoning: check. I'll spare you the gory details.

After consuming that delightful meal in Bangkok, we took off to the airport on a flight back to spend our last day in Bali. Regardless of the state of my colon, I went to the beach because surfing is such a big draw here and I wanted to literally "test the waters" bodysurfing. Spoiler alert: I suck. I got tossed around like a dead cat in a rabid dogs clenches and I'm not ashamed to admit that I missed 80% of the waves that I didn't attempt. Sense made? Not for me, either. But that's just how my brain is operating now that my head is mostly filled with saltwater. 

In celebration of the last day of my Asian journey, I decided to go out with a spa day. Eat your heart out but spare your pockets the trouble:

Hair: Cream bath deep conditioning treatment with 20-minute head massage; steam conditioning treatment accompanied by shoulder, neck, and arm massage while under steamer; hair vitamin leave-in treatment; and wash.
Body: 1-hour full body Balinese massage.
Manicure: With hand massage.
Pedicure: With leg massage.

Grand total: Just under $20.00 USD

The only reason I can justify leaving here is because I'm not going home yet! Plus, I kinda miss the girls back at the school. Time really does fly, doesn’t it?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog. Funny and silly as well. Now update it!

    ReplyDelete