Wednesday 4 January 2012

Asia, Here I Come!

Tickets are booked! I'll be gone three weeks starting this Monday.

The plan is to hit Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and possibly Vietnam and Laos (no tickets booked for these two but they are an option, time permitting).

Oh, and I Just found out that I'll be in Bangkok over the Chinese New Year which should give me plenty to write about!

A few more Aussie lingo observations that I need to document:

Cheeky
Used all of the time! Not only to imply that someone has a foul mouth, but also to say they are sneaky, suspicious, funny, cunning, etc.

Reckon
Australians "reh-cun" everything!
What do you reckon?
I reckon she didn't even know.
Do you reckon we should eat now?
(They never think, suspect, bet, or believe anything.)

Gaol
Jail (same pronunciation)

Whipper Snapper
Weed Whacker

Bogan
A trashy person or piece of crap object

No comments:

Post a Comment