Friday 20 January 2012

I Feel Good All Over!

Koh Phi Phi Don, Malaysia

I did make it a point to try out that Thai Massage…Just like in the movies. Bars and handrails are fixed to the ceilings and they walk all over you!  They use all parts of their bodies to massage with: elbows, toes, forearms, chins, feet, knees-- they contort your body all sorts of ways that I’d never even considered bending and then they Go. To. Work. I don’t think they are licensed to be doing all of the chiropractic work that they put in but it feels good, regardless.

I had, hands down, the loooongest back crack of my entire life during one of these sessions! (And I have a chiropractor, so that's saying something!) I can’t explain the position because I couldn’t see my masseuse but I was sitting cross legged with my fingers intertwined behind my head; I was pulled around in a big arc (like I was swaying or something) with their knee in my back and I think every single vertebrae cracked starting from my coccyx to my cervical spine! It didn't hurt at all. In fact, I felt a lot better afterward. I‘d only ever had one massage before coming to Asia, and now I think they’ve created a monster. With things so cheap, I just can’t help myself.

We also gave in and tried the fish spa. They are a few hundred imported Turkish fish that suck the dead skin off of your feet and legs. I couldn't gain control over myself to stop laughing, I never knew I was so ticklish! 

Watch me lose it

The tickle monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment