Monday 9 January 2012

Bali Bound

Bali, Indonesia

When we landed, it was raining. Turned out it had been raining for two days straight which produced enough water to allow me to experience driving through my first flood! The water was knee deep in places and vehicles were stalling out. Even the scooters were immobilized and everyone uses scooters here. Check out the short clip taken from inside the TAKSI (that I recorded sideways by accident).

Side note:
Let me just tell you right now that I am being blown away by these cheap prices and will therefore be reporting dollar figures quite often. I can't help it. I'm a Saver and if there's one thing everyone knows about Savers, it's that they can't resist proclaiming their amazing deals to the world. Guilty.

I didn’t let a little water stop me.  Found a place to stay that was safe, clean, and secure enough, with a pool and free made-to-order breakfast but no in-room perks without paying a few bucks more. (By in-room perks, I am referring to towels and hot water. Those are a la cart! It's crazy.) After getting settled into our $12/night hotel, we went out to eat a filling meal which cost less than $8 USD to feed two adults to completion! Topped that off with a $6 1-hour Balinese full-body massage. Ahhh. Back to basics. I’m taking a few of these techniques home with me and whoever is lucky enough to land this chick is gonna be one happy man! If I got one of these babies everyday for the duration of my 3-week trip (which is highly likely), those 21 hours of massaging would cost the same as what I would pay for ONE 1-hour massage back in Australia! And you know it wouldn’t even be as good! I can’t wait to find out what Malaysian and Thailandish massages entail...

No comments:

Post a Comment