Thursday 29 December 2011

Interview With The Crocodile

Crocodylus Park
Darwin, Australia

I finally went to Crocodylus Park, a big tourist attraction here in Darwin. It has different Australian wildlife and is a croc breeding farm. I got to feed a 500kg (1100 lbs) croc a raw steak dangling from a pole! I was taunting it...to draw out the occasion. What can I say? I live on the edge.

No, seriously–he's real. And he's HUGE.

Kangaroo time!

Emus

I also held this baby croc. It caught me off guard because it wasn't hot-blooded at all and it felt moist but not wet. I'm not a fan of reptiles or creepy crawlies so pardon my ignorance. It was perfectly still for everyone else but as soon as I handled it, it started squirming to get away and I briefly contemplated simply dropping the thing since it was stronger than it looked. Did I play it off well? My terror, that is.

Baby crocs are still crocs so that makes me a badass!




No comments:

Post a Comment